ABOUT SPRAYBERRY HIGH SCHOOL
Sprayberry High School, located in Marietta, Georgia, a suburb of Atlanta, is a comprehensive senior high school (grades 9-12) of approximately 1,700 students. The school opened in 1952 at a location on Cobb Parkway and then moved to its current location at 2525 Sandy Plains Road in 1971. Sprayberry High School is a microcosm of Cobb County in that it serves students from a variety of ethnic groups, socioeconomic levels, and academic abilities.
Sprayberry’s success has been measured by consistent scores on the SAT, Georgia High School Graduation Test, and State End-of-Course Tests. For over five years, our SAT and ACT composite scores have remained well above the national average. Our students have consistently achieved above the state average in all GHSGT subject areas, despite changing demographics and an increase in special education enrollment. In 2007-2008 96% of our students passed the English portion of the GHSGT and 95% of our students passed the Mathematics portion. We are proud of our NCLB results, having met AYP for the last 5 years!
ABOUT SPRAYBERRY PTSA
Sprayberry High School’s PTSA (Parent-Teacher-Student Association) is an integral part of our school’s success, and serves as a forum for parents, teachers, administrators and students to work together and discuss ways to promote quality education, strive to expand the arts, encourage community involvement, and work for a healthy environment and safe neighborhoods.
Sprayberry PTSA also provides our student members with the opportunity to make a difference by developing leadership skills, learning about the legislative process, increasing their self-esteem, and contributing to the school. In turn, adult members gain a new perspective for program development, as well as acquire a better understanding of today’s students.
Through the support and commitment of its members, Sprayberry PTSA is able to offer many educational and fun activities for our students:
- The Student Membership Ice Cream Social
- Senior Scholarships
- Teacher Mini-Grants
- Participation in the Dr. Seuss reading program
- Shop with a Yellow Jacket
- Student Recognition
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Annual Arts & Crafts Show
- and other great programs and events planned for this school year!
WE ARE ONLY AS STRONG AS OUR MEMBERS & VOLUNTEERS
Our role is to work towards the betterment of our children. We raise money so we can provide the programs and resources our students, parents and teachers want and need. Your membership and involvement in Sprayberry PTSA is vital for our continued success. Here’s how you can help:
- Join Sprayberry PTSA! Just $5 per person gives you membership in Sprayberry PTSA, Georgia PTA and National PTA. It’s an affordable investment in our school. And, of course, additional donations are welcome and appreciated!
- Sign up to Volunteer. Even an hour a week makes a difference and helps our programs and events succeed. Download and review the Volunteer Form and let us know where you can contribute your time and talents. We appreciate your involvement!